Follow
Read More
2 3 4 5 6
The museum was great, it was sad and really put you there, it made you feel like you were part of it. I got teary eyed a few times. I'd love to go again when I was more in the mood for a museum, and bring my uncles information and find out more about him. Maybe someday.

To be honest at the time, the best part of the museum was the air conditioning. That was are last day there and I was pretty much done dealing with the heat. 😂

I'm still amazed at your tombs and the whole, kinda crazy process of burials. Crazy to us but completely normal to Louisiana
(1)

Nacy,

Boudin balls are amazing! Love them!

What did you think of our WW11 museum? It’s a top notch museum!
(1)

Needs, they where on the appetizer part of the menu. I'll have to investigate it. Had them on bourbon St and at the WW2 museum restaurant. . Maybe I'm not even sure what was in them lol. But they where good, and tasted like sausage.

I got it boubin balls. I think

Nope boudin!
(1)

Nacy,

Sounds good but no one in my family has ever cooked sausage cooked in cornbread. Sounds interesting.
(0)

Needs, I also had these like meatball sized sausage cooked in cornbread. But I don't remember what they were called, so I can't look up a recipe.
(1)

Pam, that's awesome hope you all have a great weekend!

Needs, yeah it came out pretty good. Hubby said he will deal with it once in a while. 😂 He is a meat and potato kinda guy.

He got so picked on by a waitress down there for ordering a burger. She said, "You came all the way here for a burger." It was cute
(1)

Nacy,

I am impressed! New Orleans food rubbed off on you!
(0)

We are going to the river house for the holiday weekend, and I swear we take more food than I have here! And that doesn't count the stuff we keep there! DD and some of her friends come for every holiday,, and my hubs is a guy who loves to feed people! drives me crazy some times, but it's who he is.. LOL
(7)

I made jambalaya! It was good 😊
(4)

Willie that sounds like good old comfort food.
(1)

My recipe for tonight's dinner - make Kraft Dinner (Kraft Mac &Cheese to you Americans), stir in leftover sloppy joe mixture, heat through, eat.
(3)

On paper plates, it's 91 degrees.

Needs I think the heat followed me home. 😜

I've made chicken tetrazzini, been a while but nice reminder
(0)

Needs , nice

Burgers stuffed with grilled peppers and onions, corn on the cob. 😋
(1)

Turkey tetrazzini.
(3)

I started watching the second series of Ciao House. I love Chef Alex! This season they are cooking in Puglia. Last season it was Tuscany.

I adore Italian food. My DNA shows a small percentage of Italian. I am predominantly British.

My husband is Italian and French. Great combo! 😁
(1)

Pork roast , with fried garlic spaghetti and broccoli. It was good but heated up the house alot. It's hot out and don't have AC in yet.
(3)

I didn’t feel like cooking today, so I am making a spinach salad with strawberries, feta cheese, pecans and a blush wine vinaigrette dressing.

It’s so hot here and I want something cold to eat, instead of a hot meal.
(2)

I absolutely love Beef Stroganoff, Roger. Do you make yours with meatballs or with beef. I will have a taste for this now until I can get the ingredients and make a batch. Lucky Mom. Except for that tooth thing.
(3)

Beef stroganoff with salad. Mom lost a tooth today so noodles will be easy sliding.
(5)

Yay it's asparagus season! I'm celebrating the holiday with asparagus, a baked potato and some spare ribs (just the heat and serve kind).
(3)

Made chicken cauliflower soup. Mmm good!!!
(5)

Beatty,

They made that too on the show. It looked delicious!
(1)

Yes. I made gnocchi. By hand.
Correction: I made a meal of glue that looked like gnocchi.
(5)

Nacy,

That’s how they did it. They used a dough attachment to get things started. Every chef has their own way of doing things. I love watching people cook.

Yeah, it’s much easier to open a box, but Ciao House really wanted them to showcase making pasta fresh, the way Italian grandmothers did!
(1)

Omg I love home made noodles
I've made them a few times, it's not that hard, but much easier to open a box. 😂

I have an attachment that goes on my kitchen aid that needs and cuts the noodles. It is collecting dust now. One of these days........
(1)

cw,

Sounds absolutely delicious! The texture of fresh noodles is so good.

Were you happy with the results?

The Italian chef who was the judge, along with the American chef judge, were saying how important it is to let the dough rest. It’s labor intensive, but so worth it to get that texture.
(0)

I do remember making noodles once but not what most people consider "pasta", they were the simple, rustic egg noodles that you cut with a knife and put in soup.
(2)

Have any of you made fresh pasta? I have not. I have eaten it. One day, I would like to try making it.

Oh gosh, I watched Ciao House on Max. I absolutely adore Italian food!

Every region has their specialties. The season I watched they were in the Tuscany area.

Americans compete for the prize of being able to travel throughout Italy and learn from the best Italian chefs. Great show!

Next season will be in Puglia.
(0)

Beatty,

We are having rainy weather here too. Flash flooding warnings. Funky weather.
(0)

Weather just turned rainy.. need some cozy!

Roast chicken with lemon inside & olive oil outside, roast potatos & other veg + steamed greens. Nice glass of sparkling mineral water & pomegranate juice.
(5)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter