Follow

Another post (since closed)
commented on wait time and unnesessary tests.
How about if during the months wait plan has changed administrators and Dr. is no longer in plan network? Even for cataract care they require a battery of tests ( not relevant), which require a 3rd and 4 th doctor!

Find Care & Housing
What test? An eye examination is the only thing that I know of.

What issues are you having?

There are different types of cataracts.

I frequently listen to books read on wrbh.org It is a local nonprofit radio station that has wonderful books that are read to the blind here in New Orleans. Just as many sighted people listen to it because of the excellent programming. Sometimes, they do guest interviews as well.

I happened to hear an interview on cataracts with a Louisiana State University doctor. She said, Not all cataracts are the same. Some will rob you of your eyesight rapidly.” I am glad that I heard the interview.

I was told that I had the beginning of cataracts. The one in my right eye was a typical cataract from aging. The one in my left eye was the kind that progresses quickly and robs eyesight quickly.

One day, I was driving and I happened to rub my right eye. I have dry eye disease, plus allergies. I couldn’t see a thing out of my left eye.

When I went to the eye doctor I couldn’t even read the big E on the chart. They told me not to wait until they cataracts were ripe and to schedule surgery asap.

Cataract surgery is the quickest and easiest surgery that you will ever have. I had excellent results from my cataract surgery. The surgery is done in 15 minutes.
(0)

I think that, and hope that, any battery of tests would be transferrable from doctor to doctor. I surely do hope so. I wish you good luck.
(0)

Sometimes they ask you to go to your go to get it approved . But I don't know what other appointments there could be
(0)

I have cateracts and I have never had a battery of tests. Just yearly exam to watch them till ready to be removed. I have lots of friends and parents who have had them removed. There are drops that are used for a couple of weeks. I would think a follow up exam to make sure everything is OK and then back to the yearly exam.

Are sure there is not more going on like Glaucoma or macular degeneration? Both would mean regular shots or drops. Both can cause blindness.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter