Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
Wooo-hooooo!

Thanks for fixing the avatars!

We appreciate it!
(8)

cwillie, I did not sign out. In fact, I did not even leave my computer, I just turned my attention to a different website (ok, I actually went back to working like I should have been all along...). Then when I returned to the AC page, which I have in my favorites, it was working. No signing out/signing in.
(3)

Did you sign out when you left betty?
(1)

The widget does have useful functions.

I have tried to delete it because I keep accidentally clicking on it.

Even if it goes away temporarily, it continually pops back up, so I have learned to ignore it! LOL 😆

The same thing happens when I try to relocate it to another section of my screen. He keeps returning back to where he was before.
(2)

This may help someone....about 2 hours ago I logged on and was pleasantly surprised to see everything fixed. And then about an hour ago, avatars and time stamps were AGAIN missing, even though the AC team had updated in this message that all was fixed.

I left the forum in frustration, returning right now to see that it is once again fixed, and no, I did nothing to clear my cache or delete cookies.....I have a feeling this is going to be a "work in progress"....
(3)

FYI- Edit functionality is available for 30 minutes after something is posted, after 30 minutes, the option to edit disappears. If you're still having problems with this, your device has likely stored a version of the page from before the fix. We recommend clearing your cache/deleting cookies.
(1)

Still waiting to get a response on editing post sent to tech team via private message. It's been weeks; not sure what to make of that. Doesn't seem like it matters at this point? Not everything has been fixed.
(2)

If you're still not seeing avatars on questions pages, I recommend clearing your cache/deleting cookies. You can Google search instructions for this for your particular device and browser.
(0)

At least on my Android phone, in the "questions" section, I STILL can't see names when replies are made.
(1)

From the tech team: Avatars, reply dates and edit functionality are fixed. Thank you to the folks who were gracious and kind to us while we were doing our work.

Some users have had issues when requesting a password reset link, we've not been able to reproduce this bug on demand. If you do experience it, please send an email to us from the agingcare.com/aboutus page. That timestamp will help us track down what was going on when the issue occurred.

As a reminder, you can hide the "blue man" icon from your screen by clicking it, clicking "move/hide widget", scrolling down some more and selecting "indefinitely" and then clicking the "hide widget" button.

IMPORTANT: if you clear cache/delete cookies/use an incognito browser or a new device to view the site, you'll need to make these selections again to hide the widget.

The widget is required to meet the needs of our users with disabilities. We cannot just get rid of it across the board, each user must elect to hide it and save their preference.

Have a good week, everyone.
(5)

The only thing we’re also waiting for, is the blue man thing we all keep clicking. We want that changed too, please.
(2)

It's about time they fixed the issues that have been going on here for many weeks, don't ya think?
(3)

I haven’t noticed new font. I am now seeing names on posts! Yay!

I am using an apple iPhone.
(3)

9 August 2023

I see:
suddenly today AC fixed the Questions: edit is back, as well as names/avatars/dates.
(5)

Yeah in other sites I have visited with the accessibility icon it's placed so that you barely notice it's there, over on the middle left would be a better spot.
(2)

Font looks the same to me.
Im thankful for your hard work trying to resolve issues but sure wish that 'blue guy' problem was fixed. I accidentally tap on it no matter where he is. Lol
(5)

Yes new font which is annoying and so large. This is simply cruel.
(2)

Exactly, they do check and respond here sometimes.

Hey, I see they’ve changed the font again today. Too bad. It always feels weird with a new font.
(1)

Once in a blue moon 🌚 they respond! 😊
(4)

I agree they don't respond, but they have already told us they aren't checking in here.
It's a fine place to have a discussion about issues you've encountered, just don't expect you can use it as some kind of bulletin board and that AC is getting the messages.
(2)

“"Finally, the best place to submit technical issues is on the /aboutus page, using the "Send Us a Message"”

I know AC says that, but the reality is, often they don’t reply.

I think (additionally to messaging), posting here is a good idea. (1) They’ll see it. (2) Forum members will also see it, and can see that other members experience the same problems/glitches.
(4)

Agree!
Scroll down
Go to the About Us page
Submit your polite request on the form presented there.

AgingCareCM
Jun 1, 2023

"Finally, the best place to submit technical issues is on the /aboutus page, using the "Send Us a Message" form, the Tech Team is not reading the forum, our role is to keep things working on the back end, so sending a message via the form is the way to bring things to our attention."
(1)

I'm going to repost this

AgingCareCM
Jun 2, 2023
"The Tech team prefers the "send us a message" approach to reporting problems with the site, as threads naturally turn into conversations between members and information gets buried. There can also be the expectation that problems will be solved instantly because they are being heavily discussed or people are upset. While some fixes are quick, others take time, testing, and re-testing, before they are ready to go live. We appreciate the time to truly work through issues and build long-lasting solutions."

AgingCareCM
Jun 1, 2023

"Finally, the best place to submit technical issues is on the /aboutus page, using the "Send Us a Message" form, the Tech Team is not reading the forum, our role is to keep things working on the back end, so sending a message via the form is the way to bring things to our attention."
(2)

Actually I think it does help to post on this thread. I think it’s summer now so AC’s replies to the thread are slow.
(0)

Don’t waste your time posting on this thread. It seems to be ignored most of the time. 😟
(1)

I had gotten the pop-up poll several times but only answered it once. If anyone takes any poll more than once, this is already a skewed poll (and the poll sponsor obviously *wants* to skew the poll a certain way if they allow this to happen, plus not everyone got the poll, which I think is curious). I honestly can't remember where it popped up. I haven't been getting it for a while now.

I still think this forum is going to make a profound change of some sort in the future, hence the poll questions about "experts" answering questions directly themselves. I think this is why the admins haven't fixed any of the ongoing problems with the icons and dates and reply names, etc. Contrary to what some participants have expresed to me, it wouldn't be expensive to have experts respond (contract work, not full time), plus it relieves them of the moderating/editing/censoring headache that eats up tech staffs' time and energy. And honestly, the inter-participant pettiness and sniping that happens on OPs threads degrades this forum and is bad for their brand. I wouldn't blame APFM if they did change to a more restricted format.

If they do eventually fix the icon and other problems, then I may think differently. They've not even posted an update, unless I've missed that somewhere...
(5)

Has anyone else had the Pop up when they are on the forum? The one with the aide and client. Its annoying. Sort of got used to the blue guy but still wish I could get rid of him. He is really in the way when I use my cell phone.
(3)

AC,

We occasionally see duplicate or triplicate posts.

This is most likely because these questions are not being placed into the rotation schedule. I will purposely bump up posts that I wish to see more often.

New posters become frustrated when they don’t see their questions and post them again.

Please take note of this. People will leave the forum if they aren’t able to get responses to their posts.

Thanks,

NHWM

I have reported all of my posts to alert your attention. I would appreciate your feedback on my posts.
(5)

AC, I am joining NHWM in asking this site to be more transparent in its moderation.

My reference is Bogleheads.org, a site that is moderated by volunteers.

When/if they censor/delete/close a thread, a reason is provided.
(11)

AC,

I have another question for you. How are the questions and discussions rotated?

So many times I see interesting questions and discussions that are posted.

Shortly afterwards, they seem to get lost in the shuffle because the same questions are shown over and over again.

I don’t feel it is because they don’t have many responses. These are questions and discussions that have received responses and are worthy of being shown.

They aren’t controversial topics that you don’t seem to favor. They are useful discussions and questions. The OP was actively posting on them as well.

When I happen to be able to find these lost questions, you have already closed them. Yet, other questions have remained open for years and years without any OP present.
(4)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter