Follow
Read More
1 2 3 4 5
cw,

Every time I click the circle to remove the widget indefinitely, it pops right back up like a jack in the box!
(2)

Have any of you tried the "report a problem" feature within the widget? I have to wonder whether the accessibility functions are screwed up too, having to reset those features on every page would essentially make the site useless for those users.
(2)

JoAnn,

I know that the widget serves a purpose but I don’t use it and it is irritating not to be able to get rid of it.
(1)

Yes that little guy has to go if you can't fix it. Its really bad on an 8 in tablet and worse if I need to use the phone. I understand its use, but if you don't need it, you should be able to get rid of it. I can on other sites.

And that ad asking if I need care. Same problem. It interferes with my posting and reading.
(3)

Hi to the tech team:

It seems to me that those having problems with this issue of newsfeed are having it when they are on their PHONES.
Need, Peggy Sue, Bounce, is that CORRECT?
Because those of us who do AC on PC or laptops don't seem to complain of it.
Same thing with the widgets. They are only intrusive on phones, apparently.
I don't do anything on phones, and seldom do newsfeed anyway, but from what I see below that seems to be the issue.
If trying to recreate it perhaps use phone?
(1)

Hiding widget doesn’t last. I clicked on hiding indefinitely and it pops right back up.
(1)

Tech Team once more: Bounce, we've looked at your profile and your newsfeed is displaying correctly. If you have trouble, it's best to refresh the page, if that doesn't fix it, log out and log back in.
(1)

Tech Team here: We've taken a look at the issue of likes not showing up in the likes section of profiles, but we haven't been able to re-create it. Refreshing the page, or logging out and back in should make those show up for you if they're missing.
(0)

Peggy,

That has been happening to me too. I restart my phone and it takes care of it.
(2)

On Newsfeed, I can no longer see who has liked or commented my posts. Can you please do a software rollback?
(0)

Whoopskitten has exited my premises. So glad to see her sweet face go! All fixed.
(5)

Oh Oh, the "whoops kitten" is back for me when I attempt to get my messages and profile page. Not for anything else, tho. Can easily access newsfeed, and the regular threads. Hope the whoopskitten goes back to sleep.
(1)

Yes, in my News Feed section I can see who did what (on my Apple devices).
(0)

Hi Barb
For me nothing is changed. If I go to newsfeed I see who commented on a post I commented on and who "voted my comment " helpful.

Are you on a different device? Are things changed for others?
(3)

Why can we no longer see WHO liked our posts?
(1)

Hi all,

This morning the tech team released several items for the forum. We fixed a bug where HTML tags were showing up in the actual text of posts. We also updated how email subscriptions work on the back end and made an improvement to moderator tools. Have a good holiday weekend, everyone.
(9)

Exhausted,

Some people just use a different email address or they ask AC administrators about changing their screen name. I don’t know any other options.

Some don’t want to register with a different email address because they don’t want to lose their private messages.
(2)

Need, how do people change their site name? Someone had asked that previously in the archives and it worked for them following steps to change. I don't see that option under my account sub-tab. Has that been removed?
(0)

JoAnn, thank you! Yes, I'm seeing several anonymous and wondering what the heck happened. When a post gets heated like that, does that mean it gets removed from the site?
(0)

Exhausted, if the word "anonymous" is now in place of a responders name, they have been suspended probably for a week. One post got pretty heated.
(2)

exhausted,

Some posters have changed their names several times!
(1)

I was reading a post yesterday and then it disappeared along with the avatars of some of the commenters. Does that mean the website removed the thread? From what I gathered, the poster has history of instigating/provoking others here. Also, can people change their avatar-name after signing up? A tad confused how things work around here!
(1)

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies, then signing out and back in exhausted?
(1)

exhausted,

I can see them.
(0)

Is anyone else having trouble seeing messages or posts?
(1)

Bettty, me too the avatars weren't there and then they were. I never sign out.
(1)

On my MacBook I can now see the poster's names and avatars, and have an edit button.
(5)

AC, hiding the blue guy doesn't work.
(4)

Please feel free to remove this posting. I believe most of us are tired of seeing it come up in our newsfeeds.
(2)

Now if only AC would remove the annoying first 2 messages from them that appear on the top of our news feed that have been there since April and we all ignore now anyways, that would be GREAT!!!
(6)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter