Follow

Replacing the much lamented 'On My Mind' profile option, this thread is for musings, jottings, whimsies, preoccupations and the rest of the thesaurus for anyone to jot down anything they please.

I can't remember what the maximum character count was before, can anyone else? But anyway it wasn't very many so let's keep to that.

1 2 3 4 5
Smeshque: Deepest condolences.
(1)

Smeshque, I am so sorry for your loss. I am also so very sorry that you are feeling so devastated by this loss. The Lord will comfort you.

May The Lord God Almighty move in your heart and give you grieving mercies, strength, guidance and peace during this new season in your life.

It is still early days and you two were close, what you are feeling is quite normal. Be gentle and kind with yourself as you find your new footing.

Great big warm hugs!
(5)

(((((hugs))) smeshque. My deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. Her suffering is over and she is at peace now. The sadness is natural and will be with you for a while. Just walk with it and each day do what you can, and look after yourself. Grief is hard. Prayers for you.
(3)

Smeshque, so sorry to hear of your recent loss. I know God will comfort you during this time and always. You can be sure of that. Rest in this knowledge. 💝

Golden, prayers for the fire fighters and your family.
(3)

Sorry for your loss Smeshque!
Your Mom being cared for in heaven,
and He cares for you too.
He will comfort you and heal your broken heart. 💞💞💞💞
(4)

My Mom passed two weeks ago tomorrow. I am broken hearted and would appreciate prayers. She got diagnosed with cancer in January after a year of trying to get the Dr. to see something was wrong, only to be told nothing was wrong. That took some time to forgive the Dr.s but I know God is in charge of all things, and there was a reason for it.
She fought hard and suffered much. She was strong until the end and we were there with her to the end. I cannot shake this sadness and I feel like life just doesn't make any sense without her. I am glad that she is no longer suffering and I know that she is in the care of Jesus, yet I cannot find comfort in that yet.
I cannot run away from this sadness and I cannot face it, that day was the worse day of my life and I am just lost.
Thank you for being here to allow me to express my sadness in a place where you all understand even when I cannot say things right. Much love and prayers to all of you.

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. Rev 14:13

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.Rev 21:4
(6)

Golden,
May God guide the fire fighters this year and make quick work ending the threats to people and the beautiful land in Canada.

Praying for your encouragement and strength for your family.
(3)

Golden, prayers sent.
(1)

Golden: Prayers sent.
(1)

Send,

Thanks. Yes, I stay on top of managing my asthma with medication.

Golden,

Sending prayers your way.
(1)

Thinking of you Golden 🙏
(1)

NHWM,
Hope you will be breathing easy for a long time to come.

I could be wrong, but isn't Asthma something that can improve?
(1)

Prayers sent Golden.
(1)

Oops double posting
(0)

Just got an Evac alert for my old city where my house is and two of my children and their families are. Major wildfire again. The conditions are extreme. I am so glad I am not there. I think likely they are sending out alerts sooner than they did in 2016 when the city was evacuated. Prayers would be appreciated.
(2)

Send,

Ewwwww, smoke in a closed car is awful.
(1)

NHWM,
Asthma, no.
It was called 'reactive airways' in my case.
But I just keep my inhaler on hand, maybe use it once a year.

Maybe it is "all in my head", a reaction to when my mother drove us to the beach in her VW bug, so many many years ago. Three teenagers in a tiny car, windows up, she got lost, she was smoking, there was no air. The white headliner turning yellow from her smoking. We had to wait till we got home to eat.
(1)

HHF,
That kind of rejection coming from your mother still hurts.

If ever you just can't take it that day, fortunately there are people there at the NH, as you have described, to meet her needs. And you can take a day for yourself without guilt.

If you had a day like that, what would you be doing?
(2)

Send,

Hahaha 😝, what a great way to go! Death by chocolate! 🍫

I love putting honey in hot tea for a sore throat.

Do you have asthma? I have been hospitalized for my asthma. I’m on meds for allergies and asthma. I have a nebulizer at home that the hospital prescribed for me.
(1)

I don't care if I get allergic to chocolate.
Death by chocolate is sounding good right now. Lol.
(3)

NHWM,
Yes, I have allergies! I may be allergic to myself!
Anxietynacy,
I had a quick sore throat yesterday, just thinking about honey. Lol.
I took a Vit. C. It was gone later.
AlvaDeer,
I am careful to store honey in my cupboard way in the back, hardly ever use it!
On second thought, I am not going to try it for allergies.
Cwillie,
Thanks for the 'principle' behind honey for allergies. I don't like honey all that much, and Chamomile tea does not make me feel very good.

This year, I am gasping for breath every so often (not daily), as if my throat is closing up.
(1)

Funfilled day at NH. My mother had to go to the bathroom and needed assistance. She said she wanted to go back to her room. I wheeled her there but could not find a nurse to assist. I tried to get her out of her wheelchair but didn’t think I could do it properly so I left and found a nurse.

It turns out if she was in the common area she would have gotten the assistance she needed. There is someone there who does exactly this but I didn’t know.

My mother had a few choice words to tell the nurse about me, that I did not help her, etc not knowing I was there.

And on top of that the pacemaker tech was waiting to see my mother and heard it all while standing there. I told him this is nothing new, I could never do anything right.

Looking forward to the end of this slog.
(3)

cw,

I did not know that and I tested positive for ragweed allergy. I have chamomile tea in my pantry. Uh oh…

I am allergic to just about everything. Mostly, inhalants. A couple of meds, only a few foods.

I did allergy testing many years ago. I tested positive for all things except for a couple of them that I was tested for.

I begged the technician to spare me from being told that I was allergic to chocolate. He laughed and said that he would do his best!
(0)

Yes, cwillie! Yes. As with so many things, we overdo it. Like me and a package of Trader Joe Old Fashioned Potato Chips.
(1)

The principle behind honey for allergies is that you would be doing the same thing as allergy shots, using small amounts of an allergen to desensitize your immune system, therefore the honey would have to be local and unpasteurized and ideally also collected from bees that were feeding in the proper season thus collecting pollen primarily from your allergen species.
I've read lots of anecdotal evidence but nothing in real life.

People need to beware of any natural remedies, natural does not = safe. For instance did you know chamomile is a relative of ragweed and can cause symptoms in those sensitive to ragweed?
(2)

Alva,

I asked the forum for feedback on honey because I have horrible allergies.

Anxiety and Send were responding to my earlier post on this thread.

Thanks for your feedback.
(0)

Oh yeah, AnxietyNacy, it is sure a thing. When you are reactive honey, especially honey made in your own region (which is growing the things you are reacting to) can swell your lips up real good, and if it swells your throat as well (angioneurotic edema) you can just about croak from it! Send, if you're having allergies be careful playing around with honey!
(2)

So anyways, quick note. I talked to a friend that has horrible hay fever and he has a huge sensitivity to honey. Gives him a bad sore throat., honest thought he was nuts , so I googled it and it is a thing.
(0)

HH,

Sorry to hear that this trip has started off with sadness. It can be depressing to see these things in nursing homes.
(1)

Send,

Do you have allergies? I am going to try eating more local honey too.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter