Follow

Tried to post twice and got whoops kitten. Trying once more!

from the Wall Street Journal:

"An estimated 5.4 million children in the U.S. now provide care to parents, grandparents, or siblings with chronic medical conditions or dementia, up from about 1.3 mullion under 18s two decades ago. The growth is largely due to families' inability to find or afford in-home care, plus an aging population, experts say............."

I don’t doubt these numbers.

We continue to read about people who don’t plan for their future. This is true of many people. Others who are living paycheck to paycheck can’t possibly save money for retirement or anything else.

If you look at how many assisted living facilities are available now and how many will be built in the future for our aging communities, you will see that there is a huge demand for facility care. It’s an investor’s dream!

We are living a long time these days.
People will either be at home with family as caregivers, agency or private caregivers or in a facility.
(0)

Wow fawn, what an interesting way to put that, and so darn true

Until I started to know all of you amazing people. I believed the old saying, live long enough to pay back your kids. Something like that anyways , that was pretty much drilled into me. We were all groomed.

Spent the day with one of my boys today , told him if he takes care of me when I'm old , I Will come back and haunt his a$&.

Nothing makes me happier than opening Instagram and seeing my kids living there best life!
(0)

We abolished child labor in factories long ago, but now we’re expecting children to work unpaid as caregivers. It’s terrible.
(1)

Geaton, no solutions and that was the length of it really. It was taken up from the Wall Street Journal by The Week, which I get weekly and love, synopsized news of the week from all around the world. This was in the area where there are tiny little thumbnails.
(0)

People live ten + years , in pain and a dieing brain.

They celebrated aging like it's so wonderful, but in most cases it's not.

I bumped into someone I use to know, she is 92 now. Honestly I new her 30 years ago, from a church I was attending. She honestly only looked ten years older, great health and brain health .She is a super ager. She is an exception to the rule.

But I agree with Alva, if we are super agers it's great but until they can figure out how to be one, I have no interest
(1)

The article confirms what we all already know.

It's interesting that they mention the cost of in-home care... what about the cost of facility care??

Alva, does the article give an solutions?
(1)

(0)

Scary. We are living too long, as well, imho.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter